To the non-Indian readers, here is a brief introduction to castes.
Industrialization of India has [luckily] caused significant erosion of caste.
I am afraid that globalization of commerce is reintroducing caste.
- USA is all about research and war (Brahmins and Kshatriyas)
- Europe is all about finance (Vaishyas)
- China is all about manufacturing (Artisans)
- India is all about service (Shudras)
- Middle-East, Australia, South Africa, Brazil and Russia are all about minerals and/or oil (Vaishyas)
Add visa rules and the fact that people don’t like to marry across race/nationality/religion.
Are we going to globalize castes soon?